Friday, July 09, 2010

~Estate Sale Goodies~
My mom and I went to a local estate sale Thursday. At first, I thought everything was overpriced (in the house), but when I went out to the garage, I found some vintage goodies that were more in my price range.....
Such as this vintage wallpaper-covered box with drawers. I have wanted one of these "4-ev-uh"!! Finally I have one!!


Also this old sewing box, still filled with notions. The inside is a bit musty smelling and dirty, but I'm sure I can freshen it up!

Sweet little band of old flowers.

A vintage wastebasket with a bluebird on it! Oh my!! Also needs a (very) good cleaning, but..... !!!!!

My mom found a cute little rabbit for her garden..... my mom is not into vintage/shabby/chippy/rusty like I am, so we shop well together! (well, except for her wondering, sometimes outloud, "What on earth do you want THAT old thing for?" LOL! )

Hope you have a great weekend!!

14 comments:

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Those boxes are so beautiful! You did really well. The wastebasket is very pretty too.
Have a lovely weekend
Isabelle x

JANN said...

These are lovely vintage goodies, I bet you were glad you could take them and give them a good home.
I enjoyed viewing your blog, glad I found it. Please view my new vintage blog if you would be so kind :)


www.bouquetoftulleroses.blogspot.com

thank you, Jann

Claudia said...

Love your finds! I am crazy about the wallpaper-covered drawers! And the wastebasket is perfect for you.

xo
Claudia

stefanie said...

you found the best treasures EVER!!!!

Unknown said...

What a find! Hey if you ever realize...hum, Mom is right, what do I want all this old junk for?....e-mail me right away and I'll come all the from Cincy to take it away for ya free of charge, I mean it'd cost a lot for Got Junk to haul it off...LOL.

Unknown said...

Oh My, those are beautiful! Indeed you got some great finds. Don't know if I have ever seen anything more sweet!

Have a great day!
Lorena

The Urban Chic said...

Becca, love the boxes and the little drawer thing is amazing. I never have a way to go to estate or garage sales, so Goodwill is my only outlet, but I have found some great things. I love your living room and who would have thought of putting a beautiful dresser in it. Oh girl, you are filling my head with dreams. Love Ya, Pat

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Love your finds, especially the vintage drawer box. As I write this comment, I am looking at a pict of the most lovely cups from your previous post and a wonderful table setting with jadite cups on your sidebar....Wow, you really have my decor favorites to a T. :-)

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

My dad used to say the same thing to me! He said I should have lived in "another time"...lol. I love to find old sewing items! Amazing what people store in there!~Hugs, Patti

Natasha Burns said...

OMG and they weren't overpriced! awesome! they are amazing storage goodies, looooove them, especially the boxes. oh and that sweet birdie!

Andrea said...

What sweet finds! Sorry that your mother doesn't appreciate your tastes, but like you said, it makes it easier on you when you shop...no fights! lol
You always can share your shabby chic/chippy finds with us though....we love them.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Basements and garages have the best stuff at estate sales!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Sweet finds, Becca. Have never seen little drawers like that! Never know what goodies you will find at these sales.

Debbie

Laurie said...

I am indulging my love of estate sales lately, too!