Thursday, July 16, 2009

~Blue Dishes~ I rarely buy anything that's not vintage, or at least "previously loved", but I was at the outlet mall the other day with my son Andrew & my mom, and found these pretty luncheon plates at the Corelle store.
I have had a plain white set of Corelle "hard-to-break" dishes for 25+ years, and love them. I was going to get plain white again, when I spotted these, with the subtle blue floral trim around the rim.
Yesterday, Brad and I were near "The Christmas Tree Shop" -- have you ever been? It's not a Christmas shop at all, ironically, but they do have some pretty and inexpensive things. I picked up two of these bowls, because Chris likes to use bowls this size when he has cereal ~ though I am picturing them with ice cream!


Vanilla ice cream with Hershey's syrup. Must be a nostalgia thing; that's the ice cream we usually ate as children.
mmmmmmm........

14 comments:

blushing rose said...

What a sweet set, I've not seen this blue pattern before. Now you need to do a Tablescape with the other gals. TTFN ~Marydon

Nanette said...

I really like Corelle dishes, they stack so nice, and these are such a pretty pattern. Your roses are so pretty!
Valerie

Cheryl said...

But they are not pink! What were you thinking? :o) Just kiddin' ya. Oh yeah a guy needs blue. heehee The set is so nice and the bowls look like the nice heavy duty kind. Yes, ice cream all the way! OK maybe cereal,too. But I do not eat that much cereal in one sitting. And yes, what beautiful roses! I love that lavender one, especially!

Connie said...

I don't think I've ever been to your blog before, sugar, but what a delight it is! Absolutely charming. Adding you to my Google Reader. Drop by for a visit, chickee bluebird.
xoxo,
Connie

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I have not seen that particular pattern of Corelle either. I also have a set of white that I love using for everyday. I love the blue bowls! Very pastel looking and would go well with floral dishes too!
~Patti

Anonymous said...

Just love the dusty blues.... It is such a vintage shade!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Katie said...

Hi! I came via Kim of Shabby, Pink and Pretty's blog! What pretty dishes, don't you just love that shabby blue?

As always your blog is so pretty!

Kim said...

Hi Becca.. I'm lovin your new dishes. They really do have a "vintage" look to them and they look great on your beautiful vintage tablecloth.

Have a great weekend!!

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Love those bowls! I'm thinking ice cream too!!!

Andrea said...

I'll take a bowl of that ice cream too, but add a generous helping of pecans or walnuts to mine, please. I have a cereal eatin' hubby too. Froot Loops is his favorite. I like how you "feminized" the bowls with the rose blossoms. Very sweet!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Nice dishes, they will blend in with your pinks and blues!

I use a tiny tea cup for my ice cream! ;-)


Katherine

Linda said...

Corelle are the best. This is a sweet pattern...looks nice with your tablecloths...hugs, Linda

English Cottage in Georgia said...

If I ever needed to buy everyday dishes (right now I use my Mary Jane jadite), I would get the corelle. I love how durable they are and how many you can stack.
Your pattern is very pretty.

Lallee said...

Those are really a sweet design. Oh yes, ice cream in those bowls!!!