Saturday, June 16, 2007



My Dad and Me......
This is my dad. Wasn't he handsome? And look at that smile. My dad always had this big smile on his face. He made you feel like he was absolutely overjoyed to see you, every time. And he smiled like this to everybody! Friends, family, store clerks......
He was tall, at 6'4", though he was slumped down to my level for the top photo. He was strong, smart, talented. He could fix almost anything. He kept my old cars running for me.
One of the best things about him was that he believed in me. He made me feel like I could do anything. He had the utmost confidence in me, and was proud of me no matter what...... I've said that he was my biggest fan in life...... there's no doubt I was his -- I still am.
Happy Father's Day, Dad! I love you forever and miss you always.

6 comments:

Lori said...

There is such a feeling a young woman has when she has her fathers love. You feel safe, secure and proud to be his girl!! Your Dad could capture anyones heart with that tremendous smile...we all can see why you are so proud of him! Bless you, Love Lori

Cheryl said...

I wish I could have known your Dad and Mark known mine. What wonderful pictures to share and wonderful memories.

Rosemary said...

Becca,
What a nice smile. You can tell he was a wonderful man and dad.
Glad you have those nice memories.
Your friend,
Rosemary

Simply Me Art said...

That is very sweet and so Thoughtful.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Yes, your dad is handsome, but you are a BEAUTY!!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Becca, well said. Yes, your dad was a handsome man with such a winning smile. Love that pic of you, too. You look so happy together. Your dad sounds so much like mine! I miss him so much.

Thanks for sharing your heart.

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents