Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Going to a Wedding....

Ooooo, I just love weddings! We have a family wedding in a couple of weeks..... it was the perfect excuse to buy a new dress...... For being such a frilly romantic girl, you'd think I would have a closetful of dresses, but I don't. I needed something new, I tell ya!
I wanted something with a romantic vintage look ~ imagine ~ and I think I found the perfect dress.... kind of a dusty rose, handerchief hem....
It has a cute little jacket to wear with it....
Just love all the embroidery on this.....
Of course, the next dilemma was what shoes to wear? I'm not really a "shoe girl" like many, so an afternoon of shoe shopping was in order..... who knew there were so many choices?
After browsing aisle after aisle, I saw them (cue spotlight, start dramatic music).....
They look as though they were MADE for my dress..... and they are comfy.... AND they are covered in roses!
Ah, now on to accessories.... I decided to make a bracelet.... then an anklet..... and now a necklace...... all out of vintage lace. Want to see? Next time!!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a great week! :)

14 comments:

Pink Princess said...

LOVE the dress, adore the shoes!!!! You did well girl. I would also LOVE a dress and shoes like that ♥♥♥ The color is awesome, the embroidery to die 4 and the roses....drool :)

Karen said...

TOO FUN! Love the dress and the shoes!
I hate clothes shopping . . . everything just looks so weird on me . . . I think I'd rather be in jeans or shorts. I do love to phoof, but only if it's EASY to find something to phoof with! LOL.
Great post!
HAGD! Karen

debi said...

OMG! That dress is to DIE for! Gorgeous! And the shoes...they DO look like they were created for that dress. A perfect match!

But you know....they say that no one else should look as beautiful as the bride...

I hope you will post pics for us when you're all dressed up!

Barbara H. said...

Those are just gorgeous. Mind telling us where you found them?

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

That is amazing.... how perfect. I mean the color is something you don't run into all time especially finding shoes to match. I am not totally surprised though because those kinda things happen to me all the time in my wardrobe department, but I get a kick out it every time. What a darling dress, and the shoes... you are going to be a knockout!

Hugs*

Nanette said...

Beautiful dress and the shoes are perfect. Can't wait to see the accessories!
Valerie

Kimberly said...

The dress is just beautiful and I am in LOVE with the shoes!!! Can't wait to see the jewelry!

~Kimberly~

Cheryl said...

Wow!! Beautiful dress and the shoes are perfect!

vintage girl at heart said...

This is a fabulous outfit and oh so very girly vintage plus it looks like it will be comfy!!!
Show us you in it when you get all dolled up for the event!!
Can't wait to see the jewelry too!
Blessings~

Unknown said...

Oh Becca, That dress and shoes are beautiful. It reminds me of the dresses form 1977-79 by Jessica McClintock.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I'm still marveling at how perfect this is for you! Can't wait to see you wearing this pretty dress and shoes!

Katherine

Patty said...

That's so adorable! My sister is getting married in 2 months and I STILL haven't found anything to wear!

The Urban Chic said...

Becca, that dress is so adorable and the shoes are even cuter. I can't wait to see you in it---you have to post a picture. My daughter has a vintage clothing and jewelry store and she is always finding beautiful old vintage dresses at estate sales. I'm looking forward to visiting her soon. Love the tiara in the previous post. I too have one and it does make you feel like a princess. Hugs, Pat

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Oh, I desperately need a pair like that!! Where did you find them!?