Friday, April 23, 2010


Lilac Bouqets and Birthday Wishes....

Our lilacs are in bloom... one of my favorite things to do is to cut bouqets and bring them indoors....
..... to enjoy their heavenly fragrance throughout our home.When I was growing up, we had a large lilac bush by the end of our driveway.... .... and my dad would cut bouqets and bring them in to my mom.... such a romantic gesture..... 24 years ago today, my world changed forever, when Andrew Robert was born into our family. My first baby, my heart, my life.
A tiny blonde-haired blue-eyed bundle of sunshine. Ah, the simple pleasures. I still like blowing bubbles, do you?

Happy Birthday, Andrew! Always keep a part of that childlike wonder with you!


To all of you, have a great weekend. Make time to blow some bubbles..... :)



10 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your lilacs are beautiful and I can just smell their loveliness. Happy birthday to your boy! My boy had a birthday just last week. He's 29! Enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Beautiful lilacs, Becca. And I still swoon everytime I see your white hutch! Happy bday to your sweet son! (I have a terrific print of two cherubic children blowing bubbles that I need to post soon for you to see!).

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love lilacs! And yours are beautiful! And I wanted to tell you that I love the pic of you in the dress! You really look pretty in pink!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Becca...I am on my 2nd bouquet of lilacs this week. I love their fragrance wafting in the house! Both my boys had birthdays in the last few weeks too. My oldest 32 and the youngest 28. They grew up way too fast!~Hugs, Patti

Anonymous said...

Your house is so beautiful. 24? did you have Andrew when you were 15?

Alison Gibbs said...

Becca what wonderful childhood memories the lilacs bring for you.
Happy Birthday to Andrew
Alison

GwendolynKay said...

Happy birthday to your sweet son. My lilacs are budding but I am still patiently waiting the blooms and the wonderful fragrance that accompanies them. I love how you have your plates lined up in the drawer. so clever.
Blessings
Gwen

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Becca,
Lilac are one of my favorites! Soon mine will be open so that I can enjoy them!
I'll also be planting the hollyhock seeds in May! I sure hope they bloom this year.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

The pic of your son is precious! You are gorgeous, and I love the picture with the lilacs. I can't wait until ours bloom. It reminds me of my grandmother.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Happy Birthday!! Even though it is a little late, the wish is still for a bright and cheerful year!!

Becca, your Lilacs are gorgeous, but not as pretty as YOU!

xo
becky