Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I *Heart* Thrifting

Or yard-sale-ing, or antique-ing........ :)

The above was a Goodwill find from last week.

Look at these great "bed hats" I found at my favorite antique shoppe ~ they were in the basement (less expensive area), and only a dollar each. They are pink and blue and so cute! Have you ever seen anyone wear one quite like these?

And this is a vintage child's slip; it has the sweetest faded satin trim. I thought I might use it on a lampshade somehow, but the one I had in mind was too small.


And speaking of lampshades, I found this pink one at Saturday's yard sales. Then I added the vintage trim, pink velvet roses, and rhinestone clip. I will probably do more to it (trim on bottom of the shade), but wanted to show you how it looks on the lamp I found the week before! Very girly-girl!

I've been busy making more tags for my etsy shoppe. This is my latest design. The heart wreath and lace made a nice backdrop for photographing them. Do you think I like pink roses??


See you next time! Hope you are having a good week!




13 comments:

PEA said...

I'll say it again...I want to go shopping with you next time you go thrift and antique shopping! lol I can't believe all the beautiful items you keep finding! Love those tags you made...I'm glad you like roses cuz they are my favourite flower too:-) xox

She'sSewPretty said...

Your rose cards are beautiful!

Lizzie said...

What lovely finds you rescued from the thrift shoppes! The pink lampshade is gorgeous!

I love your tags, they are so pretty and will display wonderfully.

~~kattz*cottage~~ said...

Your tags are absolutely beautiful & I love the pink rose wreath! Thanks so much for visiting kattz*cottage. You have a lovely blog!
Have a great day!
Kathy

Nancy Jo said...

Way to go Becca girl, you found some good stuff. Like you I just love going to sales and thrift stores. So much more fun then the retail stores. Your Tags are so pretty!
NANCY JO

Rosemary said...

I love all of your new things. Very pretty. Beautiful tags!
Rosemary

Sentimental Roses said...

Becca your tags are beautiful! You are such a talented lady!!

Susan

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

i'm lovin' those rose tags! very pretty!!! debbie =)

~ Janice ~ said...

What treasures you have found! Those bed hats are so cute, and I love the vintage slip! Your tags are beautiful too!
Janice (used to be Flora)

oldflowers4me said...

hello darling girl ,i want to come shopping with you , oh what fun we would have, hop skip and jump . lovejo.

Amy @ The Cottage Gate said...

Love your blog - found it through my MMP sisters blogs. I'm always drawn to another "thrifter". My best friend and I love to hit the thrift stores, yard sales, and we always find treasures!!I'll be back

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi, I came over from Cindy's My Romantic Home. Your blog is such a treat! Wonderful finds (why is everyone's Goodwill so much better than mine!), and gorgeous pictues. I'm off to check on your eBay auctions and etsy site.

Manuela

Linda and Laura Lilly Cottage said...

HI, just a note to say that your style is fantastic! Love love love the colours and of course roses especially pink ones are our favourite. You have that certain something ( I think it might be really good luck) when it comes to finding treasures. Have a happy day, Linda and Laura Lilly Cottage.