Monday, May 21, 2007

What a Doll!!





We went to the liquidation store Saturday to pick up some hardware, and this vintage doll was in the "estate sale" section.

Of course, I was attracted mostly by the beautiful pink lace dress she is wearing, but don't tell her that. She thinks it was her overall beauty that caught my attention!





She rather enjoyed the ride home, looking out the window part of the time ~ but I don't think she had seen the outside world in a long time, and she was a mite overwhelmed by all the changes. She grew a bit fearful when we stopped at the thrift store, but I carefully laid her on the car seat to rest while we went in, and she relaxed and fell asleep then.
What do you think her name is? She does need a pretty name..........
EDITED TO ADD: Thanks for all your suggestions thusfar, please keep them coming! I hope to choose a name by Tuesday, and I will send a little something to the person whose suggested name I choose!

17 comments:

Susan P. said...

I think her name is Annabelle!

Nancy Jo said...

Becca,
Did you ever read the book "HITTY" by Racheal field? Its about a doll named Hitty and her first 100 years, all the places she lived and it is written from the dolls point of veiw. Makes you treat all your dolls like they really have feeling.I ordered it used, it was written in 1939. On the first page she is sitting in an Antique store on a shelf and remembering her life. Really nice book.So see who knows where your doll has been. She looks like an "ANNE" to me, or Becca after you.If you really get stuck for a name you can call her Nancy Jo. HA.
NANCY JO

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

well, I am on vacation in the South, so am thinking Southern thoughts. Bella Rose comes to mind. She has a really sweet face, doesn't she?

Rosemary said...

She looks like a Katherine or a Lizzy.
Rosemary

Paula said...

Hi Becca, She is so pretty and I love the little story you wrote about her. I love all the names the other ladies recommended. I also like Isabella and Victoria. Thank you for leaving the first comment on my blog and for coming up with the sweet name of my blog!

Susan Tuttle said...

Ooo--yes--a very pretty doll. I love the dress!

She looks like a Clara or Clarabelle to me.

Susan

Lallee said...

Priscilla in Pink
She's very sweet.

Mary said...

Oh she is so pretty Becca and I also love her dress. She looks like a Caitlin to me, Katie for short.

Carole Burant said...

Cassandra...for some reason, as soon as I saw her, I thought of that name! She truly is beautiful and I know she's found a wonderful home:-) xox

Betty Jo said...

Oh how pretty she is! I adore your story about her. Since I'm a southern gal, how about Emily or Ashlee Jo, after one of my granddaughters. xoxo

Erin Earls said...

Bess seems like a good name to me. It seems so simple and pretty, like her.

Nancy Jo said...

I was at the thrift this morning, so if you have a pink doll then I must have one too, so one just jumped right onto my cart. Also got some really cute pictures, they are linen, If you get time have a look.
NANCY JO

a pink-bee said...

What a Beautiful doll! She looks like a Lily.
Tagged you with an Alexa award.

Sandra said...

She looks like an Abigail to me. :o)

What a great, unexpected find for you. I know she'll love her new home.

Michele said...

She does look awfully southern and I should know since I live in Mississippi. I think she looks like a Annabelle. I love your little story, and that was wonderful of you to resue her.

Mrs. H said...

How about Lenore or Lenora? I read those names today and thought they were lovely. Or Leone (lee-own) which is my dd's middle name?


Mrs H

Judy said...

Oh how fun. I think Jessica or Tara would be a good name. I loved your story, so sweet. Have fun deciding on your new friends name.