Monday, January 22, 2007

Dining Room Wall Decor

Some of our dining room walls. We have high ceilings in the dining and living rooms, which provide a lot of wall space to decorate (much to my delight! :) The tole-type tray at top is one of my favorite finds, and inspired me to bring little touches of black into the otherwise pastel room. The picture at right originally had a very dark wood frame, but I painted it white.


Here is a large oval frame that was gold before I gave it a coat of white. I hung this pretty floral platter in the middle of it.



I like to hang my own version of artwork on the walls. My son recently said to a friend of his who was visiting, "My mom is weird, she frames wallpaper and hangs it on the wall."

I say why not? ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your ideas of framing frames and framing wallpaper! I think you're brilliant for coming up with such simple, inexpensive and beautiful-looking ideas!

Thanks for sharing!

Terri said...

Why not, indeed?! :D I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love every thing about your beautiful victorian home. Your soft colors are very relaxing and warm. Just so pretty........

Shabby in the City said...

That frame with wallpaper would also make a pretty tray on the table!
I like the oval platter in the oval frame too.

Anonymous said...

so pretty!

--candy

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Thank you, Sandra, Terri, Sharon, *Shabby* and Candy, for your lovely & kind comments.
*Shabby*, it's so interesting that you mentioned the framed wallpaper making a pretty tray...... if you get a chance to look at my Aug. 1 post, that's exactly what I did with it before hanging it on the wall!! :)

cammyk said...

Thanks for stopping by and for your nice comments. You have a very pretty blog. BTW, I have the exact same black tole tray. I want to hang it in my dining room but haven't found a plate holder large enough. Cammy

Betty Jo said...

Hi Becca, Thanks so much for your visit to my blog and your sweet comments. Gosh you've got a gorgeous blog! I'm going to link to you. Love the platter in the oval frame; what a super idea.