Wednesday, January 10, 2007

More Treasures from Our Antiquing Adventure

I spotted this sweet little picture board yesterday, admired it, considered buying it, then walked on. My mom was several booths ahead of me, and when we met up again, she said "I want to show you something." I followed her back to the very same booth, and guess what she wanted to show me! You guessed it, the little picture. Unbeknownst to one another, it had reminded us both of my grandma's house, where one of the chores was feeding her chickens. Well, that sealed the deal, I had to have it then! :) The colors are perfect in my kitchen. I also found the pretty little bluebird planter (love the color), and the vintage rose tablecloth in the background.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely finds,
lovely story
AND lovely photo!


I am getting vintage withdrawal symptoms...I need to go on an antiquing adventure too!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful treasures! I love them!
Flora

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What a beautiful vintage find and such a lovely story - it certainly was meant to be yours!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors! My grandmother had chickens too, nice memories!

Katherine

Anonymous said...

Becca, what beautiful colors and textures --- perfect for you! I especially love the bluebird planter!